How to Install Simply Screen: Slide in from bottom
- Use a tape measure and measure the width of the window. Find the center and mark the center line on the wall at the top and bottom of the window opening.
- Using the included template, line up the center mark on the template with the center mark of the window opening and use a pencil to mark both ends of the template on the wall of the home. Repeat this process for the top and bottom of the window opening. The back of track will line up to the marks.
- Use the tape measure to determine the height of window opening and the length of track. Subtract the length of track from the height of window opening and divide by two. Take that result and measure down from the bottom of the window opening on the left side and mark the wall. Using a level, transfer the mark to the right side of window opening. This is where the bottom of tracks will start.
- Remove the screen from the plastic packaging. Identify the side of the track that has the track plugs and the opposite side with the permanent spring pins. If you want to insert the screen from the bottom, the track plugs need to be located at the bottom of track. If you want to insert the screen from the top, the track plugs need to be at the top of the track.
- When ready to install the screen on the home, remove the protective strip from the adhesive on back of the track and place the left track onto wall, aligning it with the marks on the wall from steps 2 and 3.
- Once positioned correctly, press firmly on the track to adhere the adhesive firmly to the wall.
- Once the track is adhered to the wall, begin unrolling the screen from left to right until the right track is exposed.
- Remove the protective strip from the adhesive on the back of right track and press firmly onto the wall, aligning the track with the marks on the wall from steps 2 and 3.
- While the screen and tracks are adhered to the wall, use your drill with a ¼” drill bit and drill out the bottom holes on the left- and right-hand tracks.
- Using your drill with a 5/16” hex drive bit, screw in the fasteners to the bottom hole on the left and right track.
- Remove the track plugs and slide the screen out of the tracks. The screen should slide out without resistance. If resistance is felt, double check to ensure tracks are aligned with the marks on the wall from the template (if needed you can move the tracks in slightly to allow for easier insertion and removal).
- Once installation of the screen and tracks to the wall is successful, remove the screen from the tracks and drill out the remaining holes with your drill and ¼” drill bit.
- Then install the remaining fasteners with your drill and 5/16” hex drive bit.
- Using the caulking gun, run a bead of caulk down the inside and outside of each track to ensure moisture does not penetrate behind it.
- Clean up and wipe down any dust from installation on your home and on the product.